Monday, June 27, 2011

Thankful but Broken


This weekend was so beautiful!! Blue skies, warm weather, and bbq's happening all around =D Just perfect considering it's almot July!! We tried as much as we could to enjoy our moments. It's not always easy to keep our heads high, smile, and laugh. To be honest there are moments where it is just to hard.. Our baby on daily basis gets worse and worse. Praying and begging God for his will to have Dylan be completely restored in his name!! So unsure of all that is going on. He suffers throughout his day. As a mommy and daddy we want to fix it. We want to be able to control every aspect of this journey...We have NO control. So we give it back to God time and time again. Knowing his love, grace, and plan for Dylan is more then enough. The helplessness doesn't go away but we continue to lean into our Papa God.
He had visitors. He loved having his Grandma Sonia and Kelly spend time with him.Saturday we went and saw Cars 2. Both of the kids said it was better then Cars ;) Movie critics in the making.lol That was really the extent of all D could do. It really tuckers him out to do anything. We actually fell asleep at 715. It really wiped us both out.lol We tried swimming Sunday. He mainly floated around until he got way to cold. Since radiation has started he has been very cold. Here again it was very eye opening to us how fast he has been slipping away in front of our eyes.
We have five other families that stay in the Garden Immune Wing at Rondald House. Each one of them has already made a very specail spot in my heart. Such incredible kids!! Such incredible families!! Sharing and talking to each other has been heartbreaking but much needed. All of these kids are such strong, brave, and amazing little people =) I am truly honored to be in there presence. Each child and parent is teaching me something =') I am so thankful Lord!! Please lift them up in prayer!! So many miracles walking around us... GODBUMPS!!!
So this is our week.. Radiation Mon-Fri. We have an appt with his Doctor this morning. We were suppose to be able to lower his steriods today. I don't think that is going to happen. She thought it would improve by taking a higher dose. It hasn't worked =( He is having breathing problems sometimes in the middle of the night. Scared us to death.. So we have lots to talk about, and hopefully we can figure out some things out. We will be setting the exact dates for his Make a Wish trip today =D I believe we will be going legoland next week. Possibly the following. I will keep everyone updated. Much love to YOU and YOURS!! Make it a fabulous day!! Remeber today is a gift that is why it is called the present!!

4 comments:

  1. Again I say Jenn.. You and Josh are wonderful parents.. your faith is just amazing to me... As much of a "toughy" as people think I am.. I have cried daily since hearing about your precious Angel.. I share this with friends.. your faith and trust while on this journey... There is NO OTHER WAY to get through this I CANNOT even imagine... Give D a hug from the Krazy Lady... lol Lyndi also.... I LOVE YOU ALL.. praying for you ALWAYS... Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenn, Josh & Family, My name is Diane Olson & I worked with Scott @ the Napa store in Etna along time ago. My daughter & her friend Della did a Lemonade Stand fundraiser this weekend for Dylan. First & foremost ur unwavering faith in God is so amazing & is an inspiration to so many people. I can not even imagine what your family is going thru but reading ur blog I get such a peaceful sense that whatever Gods plan is for Dylan, you and ur family will triumph. By having that peaceful manner about you it is such a tribute to God & I'm sure that your Dylan is drawing such an immense amount of strength from your faith in Gods plans. I have the money that the girls made from the Lemonade stand and I will drop it off with Tami 2nite so she can bring it down to you. Please Please Please let me know if there is anything else that we can do for your family!!!! God Bless You & Thank You for your faith in God!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for you always and sending you our love.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my friend, I cry for you. My heart is breaking. I know the struggle being strong, having faith and waiting while you walk through the valley of the shadow of death. I pray for you with a mother's heart. I am interceding to our father for you. Recall the goodness of the Lord. He alone is your hope and your future. Tonight, I bless you with peace and rest. The word of God says that he gives rest to those whom he loves. (Psalm 127:2). Your father loves you so much. He holds you in his hand. Let your soul cling to him as you sing under the shadow of his wing. (Psalm 63:7-8) Take your rest in the Lord tonight and wait quietly for him;(Psalm 37:7). Say to your soul, I will find my rest in God alone; my hope comes from him. (Psalm 62:5)
    As you seek the Lord, he will answer you and deliver you from all of your fear (Psalm 34:4)

    I love you. I am interceding for you to our father. Hugs to you all.
    marie

    ReplyDelete