Monday, June 20, 2011

The Hardest Choice of our Life


I couldn't think of a better title for how today felt... We have researched many options for Dylan. We also are watching what is happening to him on a daily basis. We don't have anytime to play with. Trying to remember this has nothing to do with us and what we want...but what gives him the best QUALITY of life for the time they have given him. You see with a High Grade Brainstem gliomas there hasn't been a child who has survived. We know only God can heal our baby. The blessed children who make it to five years have a Low grade glioma....So what do we do.... We choose to go over every option with his Dr. Which by the way she has been incredible! We tell her our only concern is to give Dylan the best quality of life. She agrees. So radiation starts tomorrow at 5pm. We have prayed, tossed and turned, prayed, cried, prayed, and prayed some more...Josh and I didn't even have to look at each other during the visit. We both knew. I actually am shaking writing this....="( It just isn't something any parent should ever have to think about. I know God is covering us with an amazing amount of love. Today I visited my grandma in the hospital and she was next to room 333...and then the kids are playing outside the Ronal Mcdaonld house, and a lady had a shirt on about race car driving... and the number was 333-speed.lol That is an inside love story.lol My baby loves you Father and so do I! You comfort my family daily. Thank you Papa God for loving us beyond a measure we could ever fully understand!!! Have a blessed evening. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for all of your continued support as we go through this part of our life. It truly blesses us!!! Much love to you and yours. Big Hugs from Dylan and Lyndi Frick's Mommy!!

4 comments:

  1. Jenn, I have been meaning to write you and let you know that you are heavy on our hearts, we are praying for a healing and praying that God is comforting you all richly!

    Love 333! I get excited now and text J whenever I see it - lol! God loves you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We just heard about Dylan. Our hearts are joined with yours. We have a big God. Bigger and mightier than anything. We know that God healed you and he healed me. Nothing is impossible with Him. We are praying with you for His provision and His healing touch. I am overwhelmed! We send you all of our love and we are praying with you.
    Marie and Jered Moe

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are in our constant thoughts and prayers. You are an amazing mother-thank you for taking the time to let us all know how you are doing. We are sending you lots of love and prayers

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope the first day of Radiation went okay-Prayers are with you

    ReplyDelete