Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Day After Day

Day after day of Dylan being sick breaks my heart. Not that it wasn't already broken. We are trying to just have fun everyday and be in the moment. I am going to share a couple of heart breaking moments and a couple of very joyful things. I appreciate all of your love, support, and continued prayers. I just can't thank you all enough.


Lyndi our princess has been struggling. The last couple of times she went to spend the night somewhere she has called to come home. This time when she got picked up she shared with us what was going on...Me "Babe why didn't want to stay the whole night?" Lyndi in tears " Dylan may die in the middle of the night. I am afraid I will never see him again." Break our hearts. I had no idea. We pray!!

Dylan has had many times he just breaks into tears. I had no idea that he would have the hardest time being home. Please do not get me wrong. He is VERY happy to be home. However, he is the only sick child that goes around with a wheelchair and oxygen. As we strolled through Raley's the other day he starts to cry. "mommy there are no other sick kids here. Everyone else in wheelchairs are old." On my knees in Raley's, we pray. People are curious and constantly looking at him. He wants to get out and about. It will be less though. He doesn't have the same kind of energy.


So for the good news...


Dylan has had his guy party!!! He had an absolute blast. They played legos(surprise.lol) ate food, camped outside, and just had a good guy kind of time =) He has been able to see so many of the people he loves and cares about. We went and watched smurfs. It was a cute kid movie. Dylan really liked the Kitty in the movie.lol He cracks me up all of the time. His laughter is contagious. I can hear him laughing as I type...LOL seriously awesome.


As I sit here about to wrap this up tears streaming down my face( the laughter is soo good) I just want to say enjoy each day. Wrap your arms around your loved ones and cherish as many moments as you can. Even if your kids are grown...please hug them. We are never to old.


"Count it all joy, my brothers when you meet trials of various kinds." James 1:2

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for taking the time and keeping us posted! Again, I can't imagine the pain and fear you, Dylan, and your entire family must be going through. But when I read your posts and see pics I get this feeling in my heart that just won't go away. I cry and cry because I wish I could take it all away for you. You and your family are so amazing!!!! God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You show such amazing strength! We pray for you all every night! We pray for a miracle but also peace. Please let us know if there is anything we can do. Cody proudly wears his Team Dylan shirt everywhere he can!

    ReplyDelete