Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Still Counting It All Joy


I want to start off by saying that Children who are fighting cancer are such an inspiration. So many sweet angels. I just want to bring an awareness and raise money for research!! We need to beat this monster called cancer. It has no place in anyone! Feeling helpless..So as he sleeps I type.

I want to count all the joy we had today. Then I will fill you in more on what is currently going on with my little guy. So we have a new doggy. Dylan is in love with him. His name now is Buddy. Buddy is a great new edition to the family. Dylan had an oreo chill;) His nurse Nelly( such a blessing) helped us every step of the way!! Thank you Father for her. We really love her so already. The nurse Larry got his Catheter in first try(PRAISE YOU JESUS!!) Had an incredible family come eat lunch, and pray behind the hospital for Dylan and our family. Had so many wonderful people praying for my angel. I am just so thankful for the good stuff. I am also thankful for the bad stuff...sounds weird I am sure. I know that God will be strong enough for the both of us. His plans are bigger then anything I could fathom. I rest in his goodness. He is molding us all through this!!

Now on to the stuff that isn't so much fun. I am thankful we can continue to stand strong as a family through this time. Part of having a DIPG is losing your many of your body functions. So he has problems swallowing, breathing, walking, and using the restroom. Well over the weeks his urinary retention has gotten worse and worse. It stopped completely yesterday=( After I told him what his Doctor said about getting a catheter he tinkled the littlest amount, but that wasn't even worth measuring. His wonderful Nurse came over and attempted one and he had an obstruction. We went to the hospital immediately. All of his pain medicines have been increased. His nurse got it in on the first try. However, we just hung out while he slept for a couple of hours. The pain he experienced and continues to experience breaks my heart. I just look at him completely amazed at the strength he has. I thank God for the strength and peace he gives my baby.

We can't thank each and everyone one of you enough for you support. It is such an encouragement to my family. Thank you so much for all of your love, support, prayers, and encouragement! It's priceless. Much love from the Frick Family

"Count it all joy my brothers when you meet trials of various kinds" James 1:2-7

1 comment:

  1. Hi there! I just wanted you to know you are not alone! My name is Mandy Shaw and we just ended our DIPG battle with OUR sweet Dylan 4 weeks ago. He was 9 years old. It was only a 4 month period from diagnosis, one of the quickest we've found... It is definitely the most horrible thing you could ever be told as a parent. But we understand how you feel when you say you have learned so much through such a tragic experience. We have received countless blessings and many miracles (not all physical!) during the most trying time of our lives. I know that the Lord will continue to carry you through this journey...it certainly is one! I just wanted you know if you ever wanted to talk, I am totally happy too- My email is mandy.infinity@gmail.com. We will continue to pray for your sweet family!

    Love,
    Mandy Shaw
    dylandshaw.blogspot,com

    ReplyDelete