Thursday, August 11, 2011

So Very Broken



Afraid things have taken a things for the worst. The last three days have been very trying for us all. We as a family still try as hard as can be to laugh, share stories, and keep it as joyful as we can. We do not want either of our children to suffer anymore then they both already are. We are thankful the Lord gives us strength to love, and support them in the manner we have been able to. Do not get me wrong. I cry just in the night, and when I go outside. I pray and surrender again to Papa God. I feel a strength and way to find the joy throughout our days in these moments coming to Him.

Dylan has only been able to have popsicles and only a couple of times in the last three days. No food anymore.. His oxygen levels have dropped about 40%. His heart is working overtime, and his organs are shutting down. His coloring isn't looking very good, and he sleeps 95% of the time. When he is awake he can't really talk a whole lot. It's all happening so fast. It feels so unreal. I know it is real. It's just like has it really turned this bad this quickly? He only received his diagnosis a little of two months ago. I WANT MORE TIME!!! Want parent wouldn't. This cancer has robbed my child of his precious life.

So as I sit by his bed I rest in the fact that With Christ All Things are Possible...Even losing our precious angel Dylan <3 Praying for His Will...If he heals him Praise Him..If He heals, restores, and makes him complete in Heaven we will Praise Him. Either way we pray His will is soon. I don't want him to suffer anymore.

"And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose." Roman 8:39

6 comments:

  1. My heart just breaks when I read the posts. I hope that Dylan knows there are so many people praying for him that he can get through this and be as comfortable as possible.

    Lots of love from your cousin,

    Kristina "Nickel" Vazquez

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a mom who has walked your walk I can honestly say I am so very sorry. I remember begging Hope to relax and let go, to let God. Not that it was all her choice but I knew she wasn't ready and so I just felt I had to help her, to let her know it was all good here and she would not be causing us any more pain. She was so worried about us! My beautiful 12 year old girl worried about us, especially her big brother. I will keep your family close in my prayers. Live each moment as fully as possible, take pictures even if you don't think you want them now you may someday. Video and tape the conversations you have, even if they are one sided. from experience these are things I cherish.
    Always with Hope in my heart,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had no idea who u were at first jenn but even when i thought i didnt know you, you an your family have always been in my prayers. its a scary thing to happn to anyone none the less a child. i can only pray that he will get better an heal an if not that hes to be ith god an be blessed all of days an that his time on earth was to bring people together raise awareness an to change us all in someway for tge better. i wish you guys all the luck in the world an ill pray for you guys always,
    love always
    danielle

    ReplyDelete
  4. May the Lord bless your family in this time of heartbreak. I think of you often and pray. I lift Dylan up to the Lord. Thank you for sharing, although difficult to read, it is also wonderful to see the love you continue to have for our God. Peace be to Dylan and family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dearest sweet precious Dylan, thinking of you and your wonderful family during this extremely difficult time. Asking the Lord to abundantly shower down His love, mercy, grace, comfort, goodness, encouragement, faithfulness, strength and peace over all of you.

    Sending much love, hugs and prayers.

    "An infinite God can give all of Himself to each of His children, He does not distribute Himself that each may have a part, but to each one He gives all of Himself as fully as if there were no others" - A. W. Tozer

    ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ *GOD LOVES YOU* ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

    In His Love,

    Caterina
    C.O.L.E.'S FOUNDATION MD Rep
    caterina@colesfoundation.org
    C.O.L.E. (Caring Openly, Loving Eternally) Prayer Team
    www.colesfoundation.com
    24/7 Prayer Line 888-365-COLE (2653)
    www.kidsunitetofight.com

    "There are many Americans who are clever and fearless, but the trouble is many are small children fighting an ugly disease."

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Jen....I just read the story on here, all your blogs. Thank you so much for sharing Dylan's journey with us.

    I love how much he loves Jesus, and how much YOU DO TO.

    As I read your story it intimately reminds me of how I felt when my Dylan was diagnosed and as his time came to an end here on earth...

    I promise you that if his time is coming to an end that OUR GOD, our Pa Pa, our Jesus will draw near you and will give you a peace and comfort you did not know was possible. He cries with you. Continue to trust him. YES IT IS SO PAINFUL to watch him hurt and be in pain. And when (still praying for a miracle) his time comes to an end there is a relief that he is now rejoicing in heave and will NEVER have pain again..

    The other day at my sons sight I said a prayer and asked God to pass it on to him. My prayer was something like this.... Baby, I will be with you in the blink of an eye. It seems like a long time to me here, and that is because God has given me a job to do, some work to do here. Just like mommies and daddies have to go to work, I am here at work on earth, and one day, IN THE BLINK of an eye, When my job is finished I will come home to hold you and be with you forever.

    That is the beauty of what Christ did for us on the cross...and amazing that we have this promise that we will see our loved ones again.

    Do not give up until he takes his final breath...BUT do continue to rest in Jesus.....

    Danah

    ReplyDelete