Friday, April 12, 2013

Answered Prayers :)

Hello friends, family, and fellow bloggers :)

Many of you know that I have had many health issues for the past few years, or this may be new news to you. For a few years I have battled black outs, throwing up, headaches, loss of vision, loss of depth perception, and the list goes on and on.

Over time I have had many "friends", and some doctors have say that it must be the way I deal with life....

I am explaining all of this so I can share the most current event going on in our lives...

I have been having chronic non-stop headaches since The beginning of March... Actually since last April, I fight to be healthy everyday. Last April the day after Easter I had a blackout.  I had my husband, and a person I will always be thankful for, take  me to Redding Mercy Hospital. I stayed their 5 days. I did physical therapy and speech therapy. After that I was able to return home. When I went home I had to use a walker, write my words down, and did some more physical therapy. My speech came back slowly. I still stutter, and I don't always say the right words, and well who needs a memory. lol

When I came home I also had to see doctors...I couldn't remember anything other then my pituitary gland was swollen...My doctor said there was nothing to be concerned about and that I had a disease called hemiplegic migraines. I wasn't ecstatic that this would be part of my life, but I was happy for any diagnosis that made sense of these crazy health episodes I  have. 

I have had so many things continue to get worse, or have new symptoms pop up....Which blows me away because I try so hard be a healthy person. I juice, eat overall a raw food diet, and exercise when my body allows me to. I think positive, and I believe Papa God's promises! 

Sorry I am bouncing around...

We had a blast at Disneyland last month. However, it was more then my head could handle. The rides, the flashing, headaches, throwing up, all the while keeping up with my baby girl and my little brother A. I try super hard not to burden either of them with this sickness. I just want to live life to it's fullest and want to teach my baby girl just that...so I pushed myself. When I got home I was exhausted. I started throwing up daily, and basically I have to wear sunglasses everywhere I was go, even inside my home. I just thought I over did it and was having a dumb migraine again.

Then came a day where I couldn't take it any more, so I went to Fairchild Medical group to the  doctor who diagnosed me with the migraines. However he was no longer practicing medicine  there..So we went to the best place in town Linda Jo at, Deegan Family Practice.  I was all laid up in the car. She said we need to get this under control and sent me to the ER. It was the quickest and by far the best visit I have ever had here locally. LJ called them and told them what was going on. I was in and out in two hours. I had two bags of fluid, nausea, and pain medicine... I felt like I could make it through yet another day! At discharge my ER doctor tells me my platelet count is in a high range, and that I need to make an appointment with my doctor within a couple of days...A couple days after I was seen in the ER we made on appointment at Deegan Family Practice..She again blows me away...She handles her patience with such love, and attention. She is real. So I went and got more blood work done. ..Tuesday my headache was crazy out of control....Went in again. Thank you Holley and LJ for fitting me in! You both are amazing:)  After she performed an exam, and asked for a detailed background. I mentioned that last April about my swollen pituitary gland. She got  super busy and got my medical records. My blood work came back the same, so she sent it to a hematologist. The hematologist checked my CRP levels and they were extremely elevated. So Linda Jo digs....Last April when I was admitted they performed two tests the first night.… An EEG and MRI.
My EEG was clear but my MRI had shown a pituitary adenoma, which is benign. With my chronic headaches, elevated CrP levels, and many other symptoms that it is effecting my brain....Then Linda Jo was on the phone with UC Davis and referred me down. I can't express how thankful I am to her for being so diligent, and amazing at what she does. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts...

Received a call today from UCDavis and I will see the Endocrinologist next Wednesday! So thankful for so MANY answered prayers!!

I have since gotten ahold of family members, and friends before I shared this blog(If I forgot someone I am sorry)...

  I am so excited that this is fixable, just have to get this taken care of.

Thank you Father God for working ALL things out for good!

A special thanks to my husband who edited, and help me write! I love you babe!



5 comments:

  1. Hi Cousin,

    Although we have never met in person I think you are incredible. I am very confident that you will be back to what seems a spunky person in no time. I will continue to hold you very close in prayer. I love you!!

    Kristina Vazquez (Kristina Nickel)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you Jenn. You are healed! The doctors are colabouring with Papa to get you all better so you can live life to the Max with nothing holding you back. You are amazing. You are a beam of joy, a radiant light and a breath of fresh air. You are in my prayers always. xo ~ Shelly

    ReplyDelete
  3. My prayers are always with you guys! May you be blessed with answers and then healed!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well said, lovbug, see you tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete